This morning I had an issue with Outlook Anywhere. I couldn’t connect my outlook to an exchange 2010 server. Via the website https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ i checked if the Outlook Anywhere settings were correct. unfortunately it wasn’t I got the following error. “WinHttpSendRequest failed with error 12002.”
How to solve this issue. First I checked in IIS7 if the SSL settings were correct of the /RPC virtual directory
- Require SSL (Checked)
- Require 128-bit SSL (Unchecked)
- Client certificates: Ignore
Open the IIS log, check the sub status code after 500 HTTP 500.x — Internal Server Error Codes The RPC proxy component has been corrupted on the CAS server, you should re-install it and test the URL again:
Below the steps you have to follow to resolve the issue.
- Disable outlook anywhere via EMC
- Remove RPC proxy component via PowerShell
- Command: servermanagercmd -r rpc-over-http-proxy
- Reboot the server
- Install RPC proxy component via PowerShell
- Command: servermanagercmd -i rpc-over-http-proxy
- Enable outlook anywhere
- Restart Microsoft active directory Topology service
- Check the issue again Now you have to wait for a few minutes.
After a while you can check if you could connect with outlook anywhere to the server.
1 thought on “Outlook Anywhere can't connect to exchange 2010, RPC/HTTP Test with error WinHttpSendRequest failed with error 12002”
The solution works. Thank you